Saturday, November 10, 2012

Blump (book-slump)


Well dear readers I have been in a blump for over a month now.  I was on a hot reading streak at the beginning of this year all the way through to October.  Was a great pace to meet my boal (book-goal), and now I'm like 9 books behind.  Fugggggggg.  On the plus side I've been reading Fall of Giants (FoG), and it has been just a beautiful read.  I'm less than 300pgs from finishing (it totals 985pgs).  I'm truly dreading the end.  It's one of those books that you can't wait to see how it ends, but dread the nearing end of it, and sad when it's complete, b/c you've been immersed in the lives of these special characters and vested in their trails & tribulations, their tumultuous life, exuberant triumphs, devastating loss, and profound love.  This book as prodded every human emotion and it is flat out amazing.  Though I'm not finished with it yet, it is becoming one of my all time fave books already.

I'm also reading Close to Shore: The Terrifying Shark Attacks of 1916.  I'm not far into this book.  Only bout 15% or so, but it has been a great read.  The author does a great job of painting life back in the early 1900's, how women wore full bathing suits and showing just a hint of ankle was provocative.  The people of the early 1900's didn't use the ocean as we do today.  They only sat on the beaches, never really indulging in a swim or frolicking in the shallow shore.  It's an interesting setting and really cool to relives those ghosts of past.  The author does a fantastic job of taking the reader back in time and seeing, feeling, sensing, the way of life back then.  He also does a cool POV from the shark, which of course is just his brilliant imagination but he weaves the nautical facts in, water temps, currents, etc.  Very anxious to get back to this book as I have a great love for the ocean, sharks, and non-fiction.

I'm ALSO reading, lol, Death Sentence, the 3rd book in the Furnace series.  These books have been fantastic quick reads.  Fast paced and action packed.  Even though it's YA, it's still gripping and exciting and you get drawn to the characters and their plight.  I'm only bout 15-20% into this one, but can't wait to get back into it full time.

Hopefully I'll get back in my reading groove and make my 2012 boal.  I have so many books I want to read.  If only I had the time.  Le sigh...  Stay Booked! Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment