Friday, December 7, 2012

2012 Boal...

  2012 was by no means going to be the year of the book for me.  No, indeed, it was not.  2011 I read 50 books and was quite happy with myself.  But I knew coming into 2012 I would not be able to pull that off again, I knew it was going to be far too hectic a year, so I made a modest boal (book-goal) of 34.  However, I did not anticipate it to be this hectic!  I started my 2012 boal pretty strong getting 17 books in the 1st 7mths leaving me plenty of time to reach the remaining 17 books on my boal, plenty of time.  But then, I hit the dreaded blump (book-slump).  Le sigh...  From August to November I read one book a month, not very good.  Good books, but not a particularly solid reading performance.  Didn't help that I started a brick of a book, Fall of Giants, (which I will be reviewing at some point.  But I highly rec it, like highly highly).  Though it was a brick of a book it was unbelievably fantastic, everything a great book should be, a work of bart (book-art). The blump had nothing to with FoG, it was just one of those things.  But I can tell you once I started getting to the end of FoG, b/c of its amazing storytelling, I got my mobo back.  I ended FoG on Nov.27 and have read as of now, Dec.7, 3 more books.  I have 10 more books to go in 23 days, to make my boal.  Not going to be easy.  Averages to about 3 books a week.  Yikey!  I have my bork cut out for me, so I should probably get off of here and get to booking!  I can book it, I can book it, I can book it...

No comments:

Post a Comment