Thursday, May 10, 2012

My 1st time... reading an ebook. What were you thinking, perv!


Sooo I started reading my 1st ebook the other night.  I had pretty bad insomnia and didn't feel like turning on the light and reading The Prestige, so I remembered I had downloaded The Man in the Iron Mask from the Freebooks app on my iphone.  
 

 I am huge fan of Dumas, his books of art are brilliant (I've read Monte Cristo & 3 Musketeers).  As I was reading the preface I found out that there was a series called the D'Artagnan Romances.  Iron Mask was like book 5 in the series, 3 Musketeers being #1.  I immediately downloaded parts 2, 3, & 4; Twenty Years After, The Vicomte de Bragelonne: Ten Years Later, & Louise de la Valliere respectively.   

So I was bit excited to start reading Twenty Years After, even though it was an ebook and on my phone.  I can honestly say, it wasn't that bad.  I understand the convenience & ease of the ereader, and I will def invest in an ipad one day.  As most of you all know I have mocked ereaders, quite brilliantly really, from day 1 and I stand by the mocking, but I concede that I really don't mind reading on them.  Having said that, they are still a very poor substitution for the real thing.  I'm a die hard bookie and nothing can replace the feel and smell and enjoyment of buying and reading a real live book.  N-O-T-H-I-N-G.  But this sexxy reader can admit when he is wrong about something, this isn't one of those times, as I am never wrong, but one day when I am, I'll admit it.  I will continue to mock ereaders, mainly b/c it's fun and makes me happy, but I will def be reading books on an ereader, eventually, one day, maybe...  Stay REAL Booked! Happy Reading Real Books! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment